By using our website and by placing orders you are agreeing to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions. You may not access our website, or use our website, or place orders, if you do not wish to be bound by said terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are related to sales made over the phone and over the Internet with Fortune Woods.
The contract we make online with you has these terms and conditions within it. This contract prevails over proposed terms and conditions suggested by you. Please click on the button marked “I Accept” in order to accept these terms.
You are not able to proceed with your purchase unless you understand and agree to the terms and conditions set out here.
- We have a policy of development and therefore reserve the right, in relation to future sales, to adapt goods or products, without having to give notice. This includes making changes to either ornamental detailing or adjustments to sizes on items. Please call us or email us to ensure you know what exact sizes or ornamental detailing changes are, because minor adjustments may be made.
- Products displayed or advertised may differ from those supplied. Unless otherwise agreed with you, the product you are supplied with will be of equal appearance, functionality and value.
- The appearance of our furniture may vary as it is made from natural wood. Wood may mellow with exposure to sunlight and age. Our furniture is constructed using hand crafted techniques such as distressing. This is intentional and makes each item of furniture individual. The degrees of distressing which can be found on our genuine rustic designs include wood filling, knots, wood splits, antiquing, distress or scratch marks. Some filler will be used on oak furniture. This is a usual part of the process.
- Leather products may not be uniform as they are made from only the finest hides which may vary in colour or texture. The hides will show scars and natural marks.
- On certain occasions an item may require assembly at home, in order to protect them during carriage. Most products are sold fully assembled.
- We aim to show the colour of products displayed on our website as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of the photographs or pictures, however. Monitor settings, batching and other conditions may affect the colours of the item in the picture.
- On the website you may occasionally see a clearance range, which is on a specifically marked section of the site. The items within this range will be from a discounted or clearance range of stock. This stock is however new and boxed. The items are sold as seconds. They may have scratches, knocks or other defects as they may have been over handled. The price for which they are put up for sale, has this taken into consideration.
- Most Fortune Woods product require no home assembly. Designers will however decide that some products will need a minimal home assembly. This will be to aid delivery or to avoid causing damage to the items. Any products which do require minimal home assembly will be identified as such and clearly described as needing this.
Fortune Woods accepts no liability for costs incurred by you through incorrect measurements or insufficient information supplied, or any minor alterations we make. If you wish to ensure you are fully aware of any alterations we may or may not have made, please call us or email us ahead of ordering.
- If you supply us with incomplete or incorrect information we will not accept liability for any resulting extra costs incurred. If we make minor alterations we will accept no liability for any costs incurred as a result. Please call or email ahead of ordering if you feel a small change in the size of the item will render the item not suited to your requirements.
- Please note that all and any dimensions specified by Fortune Woods are only approximate.
- Prices quoted include VAT, if appropriate, at the current rate. All prices are subject to promotional discounts or offers.
- We will deliver the products to you on weekdays, to your home address. Should you live on the mainland UK, delivery is free of charge for orders over £499.99. However, as our delivery costs are subsidised there will be a cost to the customer to return an item. There are 3 methods of carriage which we may use to deliver your item(s). These are determined upon dispatch. For larger orders, item(s) will be dispatched via our two man delivery service. For smaller orders, we may use a one man delivery service and for some single item orders we may use a parcel carrier. For our two man and one man deliveries we will contact you in advance to arrange a delivery date. For single item deliveries this may not be possible.
- Prices stated on the website are not transferable to sales elsewhere or through other means, they are only for online promotions and purchases.
- Prices of online promotion items are valid until midnight on the day the promotion expires.
- If we indicate to you that a price displayed was displayed in error, we will not honour said price.
- The ‘was’ price, means our higher price previously charged. This price refers to the retail price customers will pay if they buy at www.fwoak.co.uk.
- At the time the order is placed, you need to pay by credit, debit card or charge. The price of the product is the price at the time and date the order is made. You guarantee that the payment details you provide are correct. Fortune Woods reserves the right to secure validation of your details before placing an order.
- Payment must be made in full when the order is placed.
- The contract is deemed as complete when all of the following steps have been taken
- We receive a valid debit card payment or credit card charge
- your online order is accepted by us
- we send you confirmation of receipt of the order in the form of email
- the goods are dispatched to you.
- We have the right to refuse any orders placed by you.
- A consumer finance option may be available. Should you require this service please contact our customer services team..
- We have the right to cancel, any order until such time as we have sent the delivery confirmation email.
- If you have a permanent address on the UK mainland, we are able to deliver online orders to you. If you do not have this, we are unable to deliver online orders to you.
- The date detailed in the confirmation email we send to you is the date we will aim to have your goods to you by. If the email did not contain a date we will do our best to have the goods to you according to the time scales on the products on your order.
- If the order is less than 35kg, we may opt to use a one man delivery service.
- If the order is less than 0.50 CBM, it may be sent via post or courier.
- Any changes we or you make to an existing order will impact when it is delivered. The original confirmed delivery date may therefore not be attainable. If this is the case we will provide you with a new delivery date as quickly as is possible.
- The responsibility for providing a safe way to access the place of delivery from the public highway is yours. Should the delivery staff or carriers deem the route unsafe then they will refuse delivery until it is made safe. Items are usually delivered using a 7.5 tonne truck. Please ensure that your property is accessible.
If there is no safe way to access the property and we are therefore unable to deliver, we reserve the right to cancel your order and then to refund payments, subject to our policy on returns.
- The one and two man delivery service: Should you be unable to take the delivery on the arranged date, please inform the carrier service at least 48 hours in advance. This is so that another date can be arranged. On the new arranged date, return charges will apply if the carriers can then not access the place of delivery.
The parcel carrier service: If at the time of attempted delivery you are not available, a card with details of the delivery will be left at the place of delivery. It is then your responsibility to contact the carriers and arrange redelivery. If more than 48 hours is left the furniture may then be returned to Fortune Woods and return charges will apply to you. The return charge will also apply if on delivery there is no safe way to access the property.
This return charge will be applied immediately after products are dispatched. So if the order is cancelled after dispatch but prior to delivery, the return charge is applied. Likewise if we are asked to make a second delivery, £60 re-delivery charge will be applied.
- Should, in the course of delivery, a carrier accidentally damage an item, we are liable only for the replacement, repair or refund of the product or the value of it.
- We are not liable to loss or damage due to delay due to unforeseen circumstances or reasonable delay, outside of Fortune Woods’ reasonable control. Carriers will not offer Saturday drops or timed drops.
- Should you receive an item as damaged, please call us so that we can put the problem right as soon as we can. Please call or email us rather than instruct a carrier to arrange to exchange the goods. It is essential that you inform us of the damage within 24 hours.
It is essential that we have proof of the damage in order to refund, exchange or facilitate allowance. This proof needs to be in photographic form. Please note: If an item is delivered via parcel service please inspect the external packaging for obvious signs of damage. Any signs of damage should be signed for as damaged at the time of the delivery. Failure to do so, may slow the exchange procedure.
- A mattress ‘only’ order will be dispatched by carrier within 14 working days.
- Should you choose to have items delivered to a third party carrier, we do not accept responsibility or liability for damage to the goods. When you use your own third party carrier, the risk involved in the forwarding delivery is your own.
- If you order multiple items, we will give you a dispatch date worked out based on the longest lead time. Should multiple orders be placed to be delivered to the same address, the items will be grouped and the dispatch date will again be worked out based on the longest lead time.
REFUNDS, RETURNS AND RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
- Refund and Returns
You have 7 working days from delivery (the date on which you receive the items) in which to cancel your order. If you wish to do so, you need to email us within 7 working days from delivery to tell us that you intend to return the item. We will issue to you a number to quote when returning the items.
Advice about your legal right to cancel your order is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
However, this right of cancellation does not apply in the case of any made-to measure or custom-made products, products made to your specification or which may have been personalised.
Should you wish to return the items within 7 days, please ensure that you return the items in their original packaging.
The items need to be returned in the same condition as received. If the carriers or you open the box to look at the product, please ensure that you do not damage the packaging, box or the product. Please ensure that you re-package the items. All original packaging must be returned with the item.
Please note – once an item is dispatched from our warehouse, return charges will apply if a customer cancels. So if you wish to cancel an order please let us know immediately to avoid unnecessary dispatches.
We have a helpful and friendly customer service team on hand to help you with any matters of this nature. Our lines are open from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you prefer, please email us.
Our return charges are based on the weight of your order. Orders up to 50kg are up to £60. Orders up to 150kg are up to £70. For orders over 150kg please contact our customer service team. These charges vary depending on your location – for an exact price, please contact our customer services team.
- Returns and Refunds Enquiries:
If you have received an item which is faulty or damaged, call us or email us within 24 hours of finding out about the damage. We will need to see a few pictures of the damage, taken with a digital camera and then emailed to us.
If we collect an item and it is in fact non-faulty, the customer will be charged for any charges incurred.
Please wait to receive authorisation from us before returning an item. Said authorisation will be valid for 7 days from the delivery date of the item in question.
In order for a refund to be made, a full inspection of the item/items needs to be made by our Returns department, in order to check for correct product return and completeness.
If we receive an item back as NEW and unused the full amount less the cost of return will be refunded to you. This includes mattresses.
On very rare occasions, you may find that doors or drawers are swollen due to extreme changes in climate.
Please do not refuse the item or return the item if this is so. Such swelling tends to reduce within 7 days. There will be rare occasions where the timber will not settle, in which case you will need to shave or sand a small amount from the side of the door or the bottom of the drawer front. A small amount of furniture wax will protect the furniture in the area where the adjustment has been made.
Less than 0.5% of our items of furniture are affected by the process of timber movement. However, customers must be aware that you are purchasing natural wood furniture when you buy from Fortune Woods and hence there is a small chance that timber movement may occur during shipping. Therefore, stiff doors or stiff drawers are not deemed as defective or faulty. You are purchasing our goods on the understanding that any simple adjustments deemed necessary by the unlikely event of timber movement will be undertaken by the customer and will be paid for by the customer. If you would prefer to return the item we are able to offer a return as per our returns policy of 7 days money back.
In order to prevent any disputes from occurring please ensure that you go over these points with your local specialist.
If for any reason you are not able to facilitate collection of goods on the confirmed date which has been arranged, please inform the carriers at least one full working day ahead of the scheduled collection time. This is so that an alternative date can be arranged. Should the carriers be unable to access the items scheduled for return on the date agreed, return charges will be applied to the customer.
- After the 7 day return period has expired, we are unable to accept any items purchased which have been returned unless they are faulty.
- If you have ordered a product to be made or altered for you, the likelihood is that you will not be able to be refunded for this item should you wish to return it. The exceptions to this are if the product is defective or if it has been damaged during delivery. This is subject to all or any of your statutory rights.
- In the unlikely event that we deliver damaged or incorrect goods to you, or if you find a defect in the goods for which you need to be compensated, please inform us within 7 days of the date that you receive the goods. Please either call or email us. Please ensure to keep the items in salable condition and keep the packaging in the same condition that it was provided in.
If we find it impractical to offer to you a replacement, a redelivery, or a re-selection of any faulty or damaged items, Fortune Woods reserves the right to offer to the customer an allowance. This allowance is against a repair or refund. If you return a non-faulty item, we will charge you for the return. Please see return charges for information.
- Should the customer or a third party attempt to carry out repairs on the goods, we will not be liable for the resulting loss or damage.
- If an alternative carrier service is used (outside of Fortune Woods` normal service) and paid for by the customer, the refund will not include the delivery charge.
- If you decide to cancel the order after it has been dispatched, but we have been unable to deliver the item due to events beyond our control (including floods, Acts of God, or weather conditions), the customer will remain liable for the return delivery charge.
- Refund and Returns
GUARANTEES AND CLAIMS UNDER GUARANTEE
- The provisions of clauses 8 and 9 apply in addition to any and all of your statutory rights relating to misdescribed or faulty products. Said rights are in no way affected by the guarantee.
- All our products are guaranteed against faulty materials and/or faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of delivery. In every case, we reserve the right to inspect and verify faults.
- Said guarantees do not cover natural characteristics of wood which includes movements in wooden products, neglect, misuse or abuse by failing to follow care procedures, including waxing and oiling furniture, damage or loss due to water, fire, smoke, sunlight, weather, corrosion, rusting, lightning, theft, explosion; accidental loss or damage, third party damage.
- Do not return or refuse an item should you find a swelling in either the door or the drawers. This is an unlikely occurrence caused by extreme climate change. Generally the swelling will subside within a few days. If not, you may find that swapping drawers will remedy the problem.
If the swelling does not settle, it may help to shave or sand a small amount from a door or drawer. Then cover the area adapted in furniture wax.
Please bear in mind that timber movements are a slight, but real, possibility. Hence we will not deem stiff doors or drawers as faulty or defective. We would expect any adjustments to be made by the customer.
If you do not wish to make the adjustments, we will offer a refund under the normal 7 day terms.
- If you receive an incorrect or defective item, we will arrange its replacement or repair, free of charge. If a replacement is not available, or if circumstances are such that a replacement is not practical, the item will be replaced with a part that is the closest match to it. Alternatively, an allowance may be made in order for the customer to have a local repair carried out.
We will send out a technician to repair any furniture where the customer claims that there is a merchandising issue.
Technicians chosen are experts and can therefore identify the origin of any issues. We therefore reserve the right to ensure that a technician chosen by us to repair the item. This is to ensure that the customer has goods which are ultimately fit for their purpose.
- We are not liable for any indirect or direct loss of profits, or any other type of financial damage or loss which arises from damaged, wrongly delivered or defective products over and above the value of the items in question. This does not affect your statutory rights.
SITE CONTENT AND DISCLAIMERS
- We make every effort to ensure that our website is completely accurate. Some details or prices shown on the website, however, may change. Errors may occur. We will endeavour to rectify any errors. We cannot be held responsible for any losses which are incurred by the errors.
- We exclude all warranties, either implied or expressed, regarding the accuracy of the information on our website or any associated materials, to the maximum extent legally allowed. We do not accept liability for the content of any material placed or contained on the website, nor for the result of any reliance or use of any information on our website.
- This site is owned and operated by Fortune Woods UK Ltd, 2 Hepworth Business Park, Pontyclun. CF72 9HG.
You download and use any material from this website at your own discretion and risk. You are responsible for any damage which is done to you computer or computer system and you are responsible for any loss of data which is caused by the downloading of such material.
- Fortune Woods Limited is a registered Data Controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“The Act”).
- We will process any and all of your personal data you share with us in accordance with the Act.
- We do not share your information with third parties and we do store credit card details.
- We operate and control our website from our head office in Wales. Therefore the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to the website and the materials on the website. This includes the use of this website and the materials on it. Should you decide to access this website from outside of England or Wales, you do so under your own initiative and so you agree that in any event of a dispute between yourself and us you have agreed to be treated according to the laws of England and Wales. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.